× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple Powerline Adapters Help?

RalphAP
Follower

Multiple Powerline Adapters Help?

Sorry this is long, would appreciate any help, thank you!
I have two sets of powerline adapters that are different brands (One Netgear and other Briteview), one set is already in use, connected to the router itself and the other downstairs, used to extend the WiFi signal. I want to use the other set, which is supposed to connect one to the router and the other to my PS4. There’s only one slot available on the back of the router (4 total) that I can plug into, obviously I could switch them around if needed. Now when I tried connecting the pair of adapters I wanted to use (to the router and PS4) other people in the house noticed the WiFi stopped working (Ex: Using google to search something would not work, the status bar would move a little and then never load) yet the WiFi was still on and showed 3 full bars.
I searched for answers and tried just using 1 of the unused powerline adapters on the PS4 (NOT connecting the remaining one to the router) while the original set was still in use. I then tried to reset all 3 by pressing reset on the original one plugged into the router and the reset on the one in the PS4. It seemed to be working and all the adapters showed they were on and connected. Next I went to “Setup Internet Connection” on my PS4 using wired connection settings and I received an error saying it could not find my ip.
So next I did it manually, entering my ip, dns, etc. and it found my up but then said no internet connection. I tried raising my ip by 100 but got the same result.
Nothing has worked yet, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 2

Re: Multiple Powerline Adapters Help?

Setting up multiple powerline plugs can be a pain, especially if you mix different brands. But they should be compatible, as long as they are not historic. Newer plugs work to the AV standard.

You can run a Powerline network from a single host plug on the router. But you have to add the other plugs.

When adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

That is for Netgear plugs, but other makes should have a similar strategy.

You can add plugs in the same room to make it easy and then move them to where you want them. The plugs will remember their settings.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7