× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Netgear XAVN2001 has gotten to the last nerves i have

RealDoomz
Aspirant

My Netgear XAVN2001 has gotten to the last nerves i have

I have tried multiple times to add a password and new name to my reset netgear xavn2001. I have gotten so mad and this is the last place i have to get assistance. I'm trying to use the powerline utility D 3.1.0.4 and i go to update the settings for changing the name and adding a pass and i click the update button and boom, it gives me a message that it failed. I am doing practicily everything correctly so it really is stupid how it is failing. I'm sorry if i seem very mad right now but i really am. It shouldn't be this hard just to change my name on my thing, this is really unbelievable.

Model: XAVN2001|200MBPS Powerline Ethernet Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 7
RealDoomz
Aspirant

Re: My Netgear XAVN2001 has gotten to the last nerves i have

Still awaiting a answer please.

Message 2 of 7
RealDoomz
Aspirant

This is unbelieveable how i have to make a forum post because it's not easy enough to be able to change my wifi extenders name and add a pass. I am very upset how it's been hours and still no replys. I would expect a faster support place here since it's all about wifi and stuff but of course i'm wrong. Hopefully someone bothers to reply tomorrow as i still have the issue.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi RealDoomz,

Try using the powerline genie.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XAVN2001.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#Powerline Genie Version 2.2.27.1 (Windows User) ?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 4 of 7

@RealDoomz wrote:

Still awaiting a answer please.

You waited one hour before posting this complaint?  This is not a live support channel. There are phones lines for that. Have your credit card ready.

If you want free help, be patient.

This is a (mostly) user-to-user forum. You posted a question at the weekend, when the small team of Netgear gophers are taking a well earned rest.

The manual and other stuff for this device are here:

XAVN2001 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

You say

I am doing practic[al]ly everything correctly

What does "practically everything" mean?

Are these plugs working in a network? If so, you can try to use the desktop Netgear genie to access them. That also lets you handle the security.

But see also JamesGL's official advice.

Message 5 of 7
RealDoomz
Aspirant

I am connected to the extender wifi and i'm trying to login to the router and it is giving me errors.

Message 6 of 7

@RealDoomz wrote:

I am connected to the extender wifi and i'm trying to login to the router and it is giving me errors.

Login to the router's browser interface?

You are already connected to the wifi?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7