× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear PL1000 pick a plug failing

RyanCassidy
Follower

Netgear PL1000 pick a plug failing

Hi, I bought a pl1000 power line adapter about 6 months ago as my WiFi signal is weak and I play PlayStation and want a wired connection (so that I don’t have delay or lag spikes in games like fifa) and it was great I noticed how smooth it was it was a solid connection I almost never had stutters. Although recently despite the fact I haven’t added anything to my network or Setup I’ve started having bad lag spikes in games and the pick a plug light on the power line is green but then flashes red every thirty seconds or so. I can only assume this is what’s causing me to not have a stable connection at the minute and it’s really annoying when I’m trying to game. I’ve followed all steps I can see online like resetting the two adapters etc. It also can’t be the positioning of the adapters as they’ve both been in the exact same place since I installed them and they worked fine. I would be so happy if someone could help me fix this as it makes any kind of competitive gameplay terrible and puts me at a real disadvantage. Thanks
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear PL1000 pick a plug failing

Problem with powerline is many different things can impact it and its a bit of a pain to troubleshoot it. 

Simple things like an electronics device going bad, a cheap cell phone charger, a high draw appliance, or even a poorly designed electronic device can all inject interference into the powerline system. Try unplugging as much stuff as you can and testing the system. 

for example, i once had a microwave that would kill my powerline connection anytime it was powered on. 

If you find a group removes the interference, then you can start gradually adding devices back in. 

also, if there's any surger protectors, gfci outlets, arc fault circuits, they can cause issues too. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7