× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear PL1000 powerline and FTTH 1Gbit

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear PL1000 powerline and FTTH 1Gbit

English version below

-------------------------------------------------------
Ciao a tutti
questa mattina sono passati i tecnici della TIM a installarmi l'FTTH.
La faccio breve: lo speedtest tramite le powerline PL1000 non mi va oltre i 60Mbit in download, mentre se rifaccio il test con lo stesso pc e con lo stesso cavo, senza passare per le powerline, arrivo tranquillamente ai 900Mbit.
Da quanto leggo nelle caratteristiche del prodotto, le powerline sono abilitate per la linea ad 1gbit, ma questa non mi funziona. Ho provato già a fare il reset di fabbrica, ma non mi cambia niente.
Qualche suggerimento?

Grazie in anticipo

-------------------------------------------------------

English version:

Hi everyone
this morning the TIM (italian provider) technicians came by to install the FTTH.
I make it short: the speedtest through the PL1000 powerlines does not go beyond 60Mbit in download, while if I repeat the test with the same PC and with the same cable, without going through the powerline, I easily reach 900Mbit.
From what I read in the product features, the powerlines are enabled for the 1gbit line, but this doesn't work for me. I have already tried to do the factory reset, but it doesn't change anything.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear PL1000 powerline and FTTH 1Gbit

Powerline is even more over rated than wireless. 

And its speeds drop off quickly with distance and interference. 

I'd read through a few tests on powerline to have an understanding of what speeds its capable of. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/powerline/view

Message 2 of 4

You may get better feedback on Powerline devices in the section for that hardware.

Powerline Networking - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

thanks for the tip, i'll do

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation