× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Powerline 1200 "Pick A Plug" LED Blinking Green

Cas-Swan
Follower

Netgear Powerline 1200 "Pick A Plug" LED Blinking Green

Hello,

I've had a Netgear PL1200 Powerline 1200 Adapter for over a year now. In that time it has worked without any major incidents during that entire time. But earlier this week it stopped functioning.

The unit plugged into my router shows all three LED indicators as blinking green. But the unit connected to my PC has the "Pick A Pluh" LED blinking on and off green. I am not getting an ethernet based internet connection. My Windows 10 PC cannot seem to identify it.

Network troubleshooting says that "'Ethernet' does not have a valid IP configuration"

Here is what I have tried so far:

• Restarted PC and Router multiple times
  • Factory reset both Powerline units multiple times
  • Swapped placement of Powerline units. Whichever unit is plugged into the router shows solid green readouts but whichever is plugged into any other outlet, the "Pick A Plug" LED blinks on and off
  • Tested Powerline units on other outlets
  • Renewed PC IP Address
  • Flushed DNS cache
  • Updated all relevant drivers

None of these things have worked. My best guess is that whichever unit I keep separate is unable to find the other. When I swap them, the LED readout remains the same regardless of unit. So it isn't a problem with a specific unit. The User Manual doesn't say what it means when the "Pick A Plug" LED is blinking.

I have tested the connection on two different PCs, the same problem persists. My PC did get an ethernet connection when I brought it downstairs and plugged it directly into the router. But that isn't a long term option. The issue definitely lies within the powerline unit.

I'm interested in any possible solutions that I haven't already tried. Ideally I don't want to replace the units.

(A Note: I have searched these forums and seen other people report the same issue. But none of them seem to have given enough information to narrow down the problem. Let me know if you need further data about my specific units or attempted fixes.)

Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7