× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear extender

pamd122203
Follower

Netgear extender

I am in no way a techy so please bear with me. We have a 3 story townhouse with a router on the 3rd floor.  I have a Neatgear extender (6 yrs old, not sure of the model) that plugs into the wall and then my computer internet cable plugs into it.  We have added a 2nd computer in the same room and I need to connect it to the internet as well.  I bought another brand extender and it doesn't work.  1. Can you use 2 extenders in the same room? 2. Does it need to be another Netgear in order for it to communicate with the router?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear extender

@pamd122203 wrote:

I have a Neatgear extender (6 yrs old, not sure of the model)

Look on the side of the thing.

How does it connect to the router? Wifi? Or does it use the mains circuit? (Powerline.)

1. Can you use 2 extenders in the same room? 2. Does it need to be another Netgear in order for it to communicate with the router?

If the original extender (see above) is a wifi extender, then the second device in the room should be able to connect to that by wifi. You should not need a second extender.

But that depends on what you have already (see above).

Without details of what you actually have we are shooting in the dark.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7