× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear powerline plp1000 ethernet light not turning on

Johnny_Normal
Initiate

Netgear powerline plp1000 ethernet light not turning on

Hi, I have my netgear powerline wifi 1000mbs for the best part of a year and they worked great until today. I am not sure why.

The ethernet light won't turn on on the adapter near my pc, but the other two light are fine (the power light and the connection to the other plug). The one next to the router has 3 greens.

I have tried a factory reset of both devices and reconnecting them, I've tried a power cycle of the router, I've used 3 different ethernet cables, I've tried swapping the adapters around, I've tried different wall sockets. Nothing seems to work for me.

Is there anything I can do or has it broke?
Model: PLP1000|Powerline 1000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 3

@Johnny_Normal wrote:
I've used 3 different ethernet cables, I've tried swapping the adapters around, I've tried different wall sockets. Nothing seems to work for me.

And this is with something plugged into the LAN port? They don't come on when empty.

Message 2 of 3
Johnny_Normal
Initiate

Yep, my pc was on the entire time (only reason I saw it was broken was because I had no Internet access on it). I bought a new set of the same ones and realised that it was the ethernet port on the pc. Same thing happened with a brand new pair. But for some reason it is working again with the original set. I have no idea why to be honest. But its working again so that's the main thing!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7