× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New router and suddenly my powerline AV500 won't connect

Fubar2
Aspirant

New router and suddenly my powerline AV500 won't connect

I had to update my Virgin Media super hub to the new 3. That in itself has been a VM nightmare, however I think I did it! However my booster isn't getting internet. It is showing up, I changed the password (had to as the new 3 requires an extra digit) and I have unplugged and plugged it back in - turned the router on and off. I am not a technical whizz (I am over 50) please can someone help. I use it to boost my signal via wifi downstairs.

Thank you

Luddite

Message 1 of 5

Re: New router and suddenly my powerline AV500 won't connect

As someone 20 years older than you, let me assure you that age is no impediment to fixing these things.

Which AV500 kit? (AV500 is a standard, not a model.) Have you been the initial setup steps with the new hub? Think of it as adding new stuff from scratch.

Message 2 of 5
Fubar2
Aspirant

Hello Michael - thank you for replying - it is now working after unplugging and replugging again and then re inputting in the old password. It is all very odd 🙂

Message 3 of 5

Not that odd. You just did a "reboot" of the system.

Sort of like I suggested.

Glad it worked out. Come back the next time you have problems. Someone may be able to help.

Message 4 of 5
Fubar2
Aspirant

🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements