× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No possibility to have MAC filters or to disable LAN port on powerline wireless PLW1000-100PES

Ric75
Follower

No possibility to have MAC filters or to disable LAN port on powerline wireless PLW1000-100PES

I have just bought the PLW1000 kit with the wireless powerline. I cannot find in the configuration the possibility to put MAC filters on the LAN port or to disable it.

I think it's a big lack of security because it leaves the possiblity to unknown (if the powerline is not under eyes control) to connect to the LAN just by plugging a cable in the port even if we have WPA/MAC security on the wireless side.

I suggest to put a MAC filter access control on the LAN port of the powerline on the next revision of the firmware.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No possibility to have MAC filters or to disable LAN port on powerline wireless PLW1000-100PES

Hi Ric75

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You may post your query or suggestion to this page :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7