× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PL 1000 not working

addibrook4
Follower

PL 1000 not working

I work from home and this is my second NetGear powerline product. I was using one before and lost internet connection. Once that connection was lost I was never able to get it to work again. I went out and purchased a new one plugged it all in and it was working fine until today. I lost internet connect for some reason, reset my modem and every time I plu in the ethernet into my computer the connection won't lync up. I can use my Wireless but it is very week and since I work from home I need a faster connection. I have reset factory settings, unplugged each of them. I pressed the security key to make sure the encryptions were correct, etc. Netgear is not a company product so all my IT dept. could do is make sure my ethernet connection wasn't disabled on my computer. I got it back to where all three lights were lit but I still couldn't connect. 

What should I do? 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ShawnNJ
Aspirant

Re: PL 1000 not working

Hi there,

I had run into the same issue, and a fix that worked for me was kind of rule #1 of the IT world. If it's not resolved, you can try this.

1. Unplug all Ethernet connections. Especially the connection from your Modem or Router to your Powerline connection. (NOTE: Make sure the Powerline connection is also physically disconnected from your PC as well)

2. Power off your Router/Modem, completely, for 30 seconds.

3. Power the devices on individually in the following order, allowing each device to fully boot before powering the next: Modem, Router, Powerline

4. When the Modem/Router are fully booted with the first Powerline connected, connect the second to your PC.

Hope this helps! If not, maybe help someone else who may encounter the same issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi addibrook4,

1. How far is the 2nd adapter from the 1st adapter?

2. Can you try relocating the 2nd adapter much closer to the 1st adapter to test the connection.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi addibrook4,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
ShawnNJ
Aspirant

Hi there,

I had run into the same issue, and a fix that worked for me was kind of rule #1 of the IT world. If it's not resolved, you can try this.

1. Unplug all Ethernet connections. Especially the connection from your Modem or Router to your Powerline connection. (NOTE: Make sure the Powerline connection is also physically disconnected from your PC as well)

2. Power off your Router/Modem, completely, for 30 seconds.

3. Power the devices on individually in the following order, allowing each device to fully boot before powering the next: Modem, Router, Powerline

4. When the Modem/Router are fully booted with the first Powerline connected, connect the second to your PC.

Hope this helps! If not, maybe help someone else who may encounter the same issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7