× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PL1000 Pick-A-Plug LED off throughout the house

ayozdob
Aspirant

PL1000 Pick-A-Plug LED off throughout the house

Title. My PC and router are connected to ethernet cables connected to the PL1000. Last night, suddenly, both stopped functioning and the Pick-A-Plug light has gone off on both. What can I do to fix this? I have tried factory resetting and changing the location of the plug.
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

do the plugs work in the same room? 

Reason I ask is many things interfer with powerline. A device going bad can inject a lot of interference in the powerline system. 

If they're in the same room, thats where they'll get the best connection. 

Message 2 of 5
ayozdob
Aspirant

No, however they also dont work individually. Because of the setup of the house, they cant be in the same room. They also don't work when one is disconnected.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@ayozdob wrote:
No, however they also dont work individually. Because of the setup of the house, they cant be in the same room.---its for testing to see if they work. having them on the same circuit is an attempt to remove as much interference as possilble.  They also don't work when one is disconnected.

Message 4 of 5
ayozdob
Aspirant

tried this and doesnt work. The first two lights are green, and the pick a plug is green for about 10 seconds (still not giving connection) and it turns off again.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7