× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PL1000 keeps on disconnecting randomly

N0w3rr3pic
Follower

PL1000 keeps on disconnecting randomly

My Powerline 1000 keeps on disconnecting and I have tried everything. I searched things on how to fix it and they have only fixed it temporarily. It has worked for the past 2 days without disconnects, but now it's disconnecting again. I don't know if It's the adapter or what it is.

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: PL1000 keeps on disconnecting randomly

powerline devices are sensitve to interference. This could be old wiring, gfci outlets, arc fault circuit breakers, surge protectors, bad electronics, high draw appliances/devices, and even things like cell phone chargers can add interference. For some houses, they work great. others have nothing but issues. And it gets worse if you have more than 1 device adding interference because then it makes it really hard to pinpoint which one is causing it. Really asinine things can do it like I had a microwave that would add interfernce and cause my internet to drop out whenever it was ran (stupid microwave). 

So what I'd try? 

Start with the powerline devices in the same room on the same circuit. Disconnect any cell phone chargers or anything on that circuit that could be adding interference. do they work ok? if so, the basics of the powerline it working correctly/adapters are good. Bad thing would be, something is adding interference in your home .Then it becomes more challenging to isolate. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7