× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PL1000v2

JahiJames
Follower

PL1000v2

I’ve had my pl1000v2 for about a year now and suddenly the third light stop connecting and once reconnected will disconnect again after awhile. Anything that I can do to have it connect and stay connected again?
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: PL1000v2

powerline is sensitive to powerline interference. Many things can cause this. 

old/bad/poorly wired electronics

gfci outlets

arc fault outlets

surge protectors

bad/old wiring

high draw appliances

even bad/cheap cell phone chargers can cause interference. 

Basically I'm saying a powerline device could be working great and something gets plugged in that adds interference and makes it so they can't connect. You can start with unplugging a bunch of devices and seeing if that helps. if it doesn't, then try moving the powerline devices to the same circuit to ensure they'd have the best possible connection. If they work at that point, its something that was added to the home or a device thats "going bad" adding interference. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: PL1000v2

@JahiJames wrote:
I’ve had my pl1000v2 for about a year now and suddenly the third light stop connecting

Third light? Is that the "Pick A Plug LED"?

The light "connects" to nothing. It shows what is connected to the plug.

As @plemans says, look for other stuff on the mains circuit. What happens when you move the plug to a different socket?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7