× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PL1200 -Confirming that the default security Key has been overridden

kcdubya
Aspirant

PL1200 -Confirming that the default security Key has been overridden

I have a Powerline PL1200 networking device. How can I confirm that the default security key has been overridden? 

I saw some older posts that indicated that the Genie Utility and the PowerLine Utility can be used to check and change the key.  However, neither of those apps recognized my PL1200 as a powerline device in the network map as is discussed in those posts.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Ken

Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2
kcdubya
Aspirant

Re: PL1200 -Confirming that the default security Key has been overridden

Well thanks for all the help!! Smiley Happy  

I got the powerline utility working sort of.

I have a mesh network and it will only detect the PL1200 if my laptop is connected to the same mesh adapter that the PL1200 is connected to.  Once I did that, the powerline utility found the PL1200.  However, the utility does not appear to work work correctly with the PL1200 as the MAC address as displayed in the utility for each device is close, but different than the actual MAC address as printed on the device's label.  Also the password for the device did not work. Maybe the utiulity is out of date or otherwise incompatible with the PL1200?

Any other ideas?  Although I have now used the push-button method to set the security key, I would really like to have a way to verify that a non-default key is being used.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7