× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP 1200/ TV turns on unexpectantly

Duke15
Aspirant

PLP 1200/ TV turns on unexpectantly

Since installing PLP 1200, my TV and Soundbar turn on unexpectantly, usually in the middle of the night. Anyone else had this? Any thoughts?

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: PLP 1200/ TV turns on unexpectantly

Many TVs will automatically turn on when they receive a power-on signal from an HDMI-connected device using HDMI-CEC.  I can get this to happen when I try to screencast a video from a smartphone to my TV, which is connected to a stereo receiver.

There should be a setting to disable HDMI-CEC on the TV.  TV manufacturers use different names for HDMI-CEC (e.g. Samsung AnyNet+).  You may have to consult your TV's documentation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Many TVs will automatically turn on when they receive a power-on signal from an HDMI-connected device using HDMI-CEC.  I can get this to happen when I try to screencast a video from a smartphone to my TV, which is connected to a stereo receiver.

There should be a setting to disable HDMI-CEC on the TV.  TV manufacturers use different names for HDMI-CEC (e.g. Samsung AnyNet+).  You may have to consult your TV's documentation.

Message 2 of 3
Duke15
Aspirant

Thank you. will give it a try

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements