× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP1200 Included Ethernet Cables Type?

RageFerret
Aspirant

PLP1200 Included Ethernet Cables Type?

Can't find the specific information for this on the box, in the manual, on the website product page, in support Q&A or in the forums. Some other guy has already asked but still no answer.

My PLP1200 UK adapters came with 2x white 2m ethernet cables. Unfortunately there is no specification information printed on the cabling (as you'd expect) so I have no idea whether these cables are Cat 5e or Cat 6 etc. Anyone have an idea what exactly these ethernet cables are?

There is a bar code label stuck to each cable with the # 312-10112-01. Can't find any info for that either.

I'm trying to swap out my older Cat 5e for Cat 6 for use in 1 Gbit home network over 2 x PLP1200 as there is less noise/interference on the newer Cat 6. Also adding sticky labels to all these cables to write on them what they are as after a house move trying to figure out which cables are old/new was a major headache.

Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: PLP1200 Included Ethernet Cables Type?

PLP1200 plugs do GB Ethernet. I'd expect them to come with the appropriate cables.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7