× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP1200 won't connect with computer any longer

craigakard
Aspirant

PLP1200 won't connect with computer any longer

I have been using two Powerline 1200 adapters in my home connected to router and computer. I currently have the router connected to 1 adapter and the second adapter connected to my computer. I also have a wifi extender mid-house. I had no issue with the adapters until about 3 days ago. I had used the computer in the morning and upon returning from work I had no internet connection on my computer. I changed the plug on the router port, I have reset the adapters, unplugged the adpters, restarted everything. I still have wifi from the router and the extender but no LAN connectivity. All three lights on both adapters are green. Any ideas on why this is not working correctly.

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
craigakard
Aspirant

Re: PLP1200 won't connect with computer any longer

Thank you for suggestion. Somehow the settings that control the network inside the operating system, the TCP/IP settings were corrupted. Could not get them to talk to any internet adapter so reformat and reinstall was needed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Any way of checking that the LAN on the PC hasn't blown up?

That happened to me recently. The LAN on the motherboard failed. The lights on the back went dark. I ended up adding a new network card to the PC.

If nothing else, try a different LAN cable.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi craigakard,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the suggestion of  michaelkenward works or if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
craigakard
Aspirant

Thank you for suggestion. Somehow the settings that control the network inside the operating system, the TCP/IP settings were corrupted. Could not get them to talk to any internet adapter so reformat and reinstall was needed.
Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi craigakard,

Glad to know it is working now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation