× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP2000 Pick A Plug goes amber when adding the 5th unit

clarion
Follower

PLP2000 Pick A Plug goes amber when adding the 5th unit

Hello community. I have acquired the 5th and 6th PLP2000 Powerline trying to extend my network.

When I add the fifth device and I join the secured network as described in the instructions, all my devices pick a plug turn into red (no amber).

I tried to reset all from fabric and recreate the network, but no matter how I join, the pick a plug turns red at the fifth.

Removing the fifth doesn't revert all the others into green, so I assume there is not a bandwidth problem.

Any thoughts?

Also I have seen there is a password in the back of every device. Is it possible to manually configure? How do you access that device mgmt interface? Ethernet? which IP address?

Message 1 of 2

Re: PLP2000 Pick A Plug goes amber when adding the 5th unit

@clarion wrote:

Hello community. I have acquired the 5th and 6th PLP2000 Powerline trying to extend my network.

When I add the fifth device and I join the secured network as described in the instructions, all my devices pick a plug turn into red (no amber).

Have you tried removing one of the other plugs from the network while you add the 5th plug?

What about plug 6?

I have seen earlier conversations suggesting that Powerline falls over with six plugs.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7