× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP2000 blocking extra socket

rayxis
Follower

PLP2000 blocking extra socket

I think everyone can agree that most rooms don't always come with enough outlets. I just bought two Powerline 2000 sets to extend ethernet in my apartment. It works great, but the problem that I'm having is that plugging it into the bottom of a 2-socket outlet it extends a bit too high and obstructs the second outlet. My router's 2-prong plug is wedged in at an angle but this is not ideal and I do not want to block 4 of my outlets throughout the apartment. I'm curious how some of you have solved this problem.

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: PLP2000 blocking extra socket

You're not supposed to use a surge protector but I have seen 1ft extension cables used before. 

You can get them pretty cheap from amazon/monoprice. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: PLP2000 blocking extra socket

@plemans wrote:

You're not supposed to use a surge protector but I have seen 1ft extension cables used before. 

You can get them pretty cheap from amazon/monoprice. 

Yup.

I have Powerline on six-socket extension blocks. Works fine. Switched blocks also seem to work.

Just avoid anything with "protection" on the box. It may be protecting you from the signal exchange between plugs.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7