× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP2000 causing electrical interference and affecting my wifi

JPDAN0491
Follower

PLP2000 causing electrical interference and affecting my wifi

I purchased 2 PLP2000 powerline adapters. First issue i had was they kept tripping the breakers. So i put in a non afci breaker in and that solved the problem. Now my networks will drop off for a few seconds up to a couple of minutes. I had COX technician come over with his meter. We confirmed that the powerline adapters are causing quite a bit of electrical interference in the cable lines. I was hoping to avoid paying for a mesh network to get high speed signal to other side of the house and running a cat 5 cable is not practible.. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: PLP2000 causing electrical interference and affecting my wifi

your electrically system should be seperate from the coax. They shouldn't be able to add interference on the coax side of things since they don't connect.

Are you getting ground feedback from your coax splitters/connections? What I mean is if the splittes are grounded out but either not properly or if a different devices is having issues with the ground. I had an issue with an amplifer that was getting feedback from a ground that caused all kinds of issues. I finally isolated it to a improperly grounded coax setup. Luckily it didn't add interference to my coax but did for my stereo amplifier that was rooms away. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7