× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP2000 heat problems

Parfimik
Follower

PLP2000 heat problems

Have a three adapter network that runs well with powerline led always green. Today however the network wenr red and dead. Found the problem to be one overheated adapter. It had fallen onto the floor (it's on an extension lead...I know, I know 🙂 ) and had fallen on its side on the carpet. The air vent holes are only on the side and so no airflow as one set was blocked.

The thing to note that if one of the adapters on your network fails this way, it takes the whole network down, even if the other units are fine. After cooling the unit everything works well again.

Suggest that if this behaviour cannot be fixed in fimware, ie fail to a diconnected state, then at least more ventilation holes could be added to the case.

So, if your network occasionally stops working, later to spring back to life, check for overheating. Hope this helps.

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 2

Re: PLP2000 heat problems

Nice research.

Good thing that it came back to life when allowed to cool down. Could have been fatal otherwise.

@Parfimik wrote:

(it's on an extension lead...I know, I know 🙂 )

Don't we all do that?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7