× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLP2000

cninno
Aspirant

PLP2000

any one know why all my lights stay on even after I turn everything off

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 5

Re: PLP2000

@cninno wrote:

any one know why all my lights stay on even after I turn everything off

Not without more information.

What does "turn everything off" mean?

Message 2 of 5
cninno
Aspirant

OK, I will try to explain better. All three lights are on when I am on my computer. {Power LED,Pick a Plug,and ethernet LED] When I shut down my computer it used to go into power saving mode, blinks every three seconds, now all the lights for the netgear stay solid green, no savings mode. would appreciate any info. Thanks

Message 3 of 5

@cninno wrote:

All three lights are on when I am on my computer. {Power LED,Pick a Plug,and ethernet LED] When I shut down my computer it used to go into power saving mode, blinks every three seconds, now all the lights for the netgear stay solid green, no savings mode. would appreciate any info.

What you see is as expected. Those LEDs are not related to the state of the PC. The Powerline network is active come what may.

There are three LEDs there.

The "pickaplug" LED tells you that it is connected to another plug. To turn those off, turn them off at the mains.

The Ethernet LED tells you that you have something plugged into the Ethernet port.

The Power LED tells you that the power is on.

If the plugs go to sleep, how else can the other things on the network communicate? For example, if you have other devices, they can't talk to each other if the plugs go to sleep.

There is a "sleep" mode on Powerline plugs. It causes serious grief and has produced many messages here from people who want to turn it off.

The bad news (for them) is that Netgear does not create a Powerline utility that controls sleep mode.

If you want something to handle that, find the ZyXel Powerline utility.

These messages might point you in the right direction:

Netgear Powerline 1000 - NETGEAR Communities

Solved: Netgear Powerline Utility for Windows - NETGEAR Communities

PL1200 and PLP1200 Powerline Utility / Netgear Gen... - NETGEAR Communities

When it boils down to it, Powerline plugs all seem to use the same basic chips: utilities for one brand will work on other brands. They may see the plugs as "unknown" devices but they will still work.

Message 4 of 5
cninno
Aspirant

Thankyou for the info, really appreciated

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation