× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW 1000 v2

MarTrev
Aspirant

PLW 1000 v2

Hi I reset to the factory setting the plw 1000 v2 and attached to my Frtizbox 7530, only when I try to enter and put the passwords of defoult admin and password do not work, it tells me that they are not correct. How do I fix to access and set up the device? THX

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: PLW 1000 v2

Maybe it was setup prior. 

Try factory resetting it by pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

that should get it back to the default login info. 

(hint, thats just to log into the device. not for the wifi)

Message 2 of 7
MarTrev
Aspirant

Hi, the device has reset itself but not the password and the user, I entered admin and password but it always gives me authentication failed, what should I do?

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

are you entering that for the wifi or to log into the device via the gui? 

Message 4 of 7
MarTrev
Aspirant

no for the wifi I have to enter the control panel and from there change the various settings such as the passwords of the wi fi etc etc. The device is attached to a router frtizbox 7530 and when I enter from the ip address asks me user and password and having brought it back to the factory settings from the manual are admin and password but continues to tell me that they are not correct... and so I can't get in

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

make sure to disable any password managers. 

Its also lower case for both login/password. 

Also, try resetting again and holding for up to 30 seconds. Make sure its powered on while holding reset. 

From the sound of it, it isn't resetting back to those defaults. 

Message 6 of 7
MarTrev
Aspirant

Hi if you want to send you a private video tell me where, I reset 6 times the device and I tried to access it, from 2 iphone 1 ipad and 2 pc desktop, tells me login failed enter admin on user and password on password field, I used mozilla, safari and chorome as a browser, or I'm stupid me or your product does not work

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7