× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000 WPS issue

boris31
Follower

PLW1000 WPS issue

Hey,

I just purchased a PLW1000. I linked the smaller one to the router and the bigger one in my room. My computer can connect to the internet only by using LAN wire attached to the bigger one (assuming PLW1000). I can also search my wifi signal from my PLW1000 but it keeps saying no internet connection. I tried configuring the settings by the press WPS buttons steps, but according to mywifiext.net, the WPS always timed out. I tried putting all the things in one room but I still cannot get the wifi issue fixed. Please help.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: PLW1000 WPS issue

Talk of the si

@boris31 wrote:

I just purchased a PLW1000. I linked the smaller one to the router and the bigger one in my room.

Talk of the size is a bit confusing. You have two plugs. One (PLW1000) does wifi, the other one (PL1000) doesn't.

You connect the PL1000 to the router. The PLW1000 is the "remote" plug.

The first step is to get them to talk to each other as LAN connections, the wifi bit comes later. You can see how the LAN bit is going by looking at the lights on the front.

Do you get both Ethernet LEDs showing green? 

What do the Pick A Plug LEDs show?

If I understand your message correctly, it says that you have an Ethernet connection between the two plugs.

I can also search my wifi signal from my PLW1000 but it keeps saying no internet connection.

What are you using as a wifi client?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: PLW1000 WPS issue

Talk of the si

@boris31 wrote:

I just purchased a PLW1000. I linked the smaller one to the router and the bigger one in my room.

Talk of the size is a bit confusing. You have two plugs. One (PLW1000) does wifi, the other one (PL1000) doesn't.

You connect the PL1000 to the router. The PLW1000 is the "remote" plug.

The first step is to get them to talk to each other as LAN connections, the wifi bit comes later. You can see how the LAN bit is going by looking at the lights on the front.

Do you get both Ethernet LEDs showing green? 

What do the Pick A Plug LEDs show?

If I understand your message correctly, it says that you have an Ethernet connection between the two plugs.

I can also search my wifi signal from my PLW1000 but it keeps saying no internet connection.

What are you using as a wifi client?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7