× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000 as repeater?

natbrux
Follower

PLW1000 as repeater?

Is it possible to set up the PLW1000 as a repeater?  Instead of having 2 networks with the same name?  I can't find an option for this in the settings section.  I used WPS to copy the settings from my wireless router, hoping that would make it function as a repeater.  Now I just have a second network option (netgear, netgear_2GEXT), which also requires me to log in with a password. I'd just like to know if it's possible to set it as a repeater so I have one network option and don't need to log into the other one separately if I'm in the opposite side of the house?  Thanks

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ErikRoss
Aspirant

Re: PLW1000 as repeater?

Netgear PLW1000-100PES AC650 WiFi.JPG

I bought it and connected as in the photo, it's working.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi natbrux,

The configuration for PLW1000 is different from an extender or repeater. You may need to check the installation guide.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/PLW1000/PLW1000_FullIG_17Sept2015.pdf?cid=gwmng

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi natbrux,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 6
ErikRoss
Aspirant

@JamesGL

I think that is not necessary open another topic for my question so i write here.

I have read  yours information on product,  and I want buy this: Netgear PLW1000-100PES AC650 WiFi .
I want know, if  it's  possible connect the device inverted, not at the same mode of the page 7 of your link instruction, (Titled : install yours adapters).

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/PLW1000/PLW1000_FullIG_17Sept2015.pdf?cid=gwmng

But,  connect the wifi module to the router whit ehternet cable, and next module (whitout wifi) to the  other device (PS4 - Pc) whit cable.

Thanks for attention.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi ErikRoss,

The PLW1000 has an ethernet port. You can use it for Wired devices and for wireless devices.

Message 5 of 6
ErikRoss
Aspirant

Netgear PLW1000-100PES AC650 WiFi.JPG

I bought it and connected as in the photo, it's working.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7