× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000v2 -- WiFi installation in existing network.

rdycal81
Follower

PLW1000v2 -- WiFi installation in existing network.

I purchaced a NetGear PLW1000v2 WiFi extender, which included a PL1000v2 network adapter.   I want to add the WiFi extender to my existing network of 3 PL1000's

Out of the box, the two items connected.  (From what I remember)

I pressed the security button on one of the 3 existing adaptors and the power LED begins blinking.   I then press the security button on the new WiFi adaptor and it does not add itself to the network.

I can press the security button of any of the 3 existing adaptors correct?

Also, the power LED blinks endlessly on the new adaptor when I initiate the security button push from it.  That seems wrong.

Any help would be appriciated.   I don't want to pack it up and send it back.

Note:  It is a refurbished item from Amazon.

Thanks.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2
ageinghack
Tutor

Re: PLW1000v2 -- WiFi installation in existing network.

Not sure that I follow the sequence of events. Especially this bit:

@rdycal81 wrote:

Out of the box, the two items connected.  (From what I remember)

Does that mean that you set up the two new plus as a separate network before you tried to add them to the existing network?

@rdycal81 wrote:

I pressed the security button on one of the 3 existing adaptors and the power LED begins blinking.   I then press the security button on the new WiFi adaptor and it does not add itself to the network.

You seem to be going about things in the right way:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

but if you did set up the two plugs, then you might  try resetting the PLW1000v2 and try adding it to the existing PL1000 plugs.

It can help to set up new plugs in sockets near to each other and then to move the new plug to where you want to use it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7