× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000v2 - no 5ghz network available

a-wol
Aspirant

PLW1000v2 - no 5ghz network available

Hi there,

Have just purchased the PLW1000v2 - I can connect to 2.4GHz network just fine, but I cannot see the 5GHz network at all.

I tried disabling the 5GHz network, then reenabling (including 'broadcast ssid'), but hasn't helped. Updated firmware to the latest 1.0.0.16 - but also hasnt helped. There doesn't appear to be any other options i can change in the genie configuration page.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks.

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: PLW1000v2 - no 5ghz network available

Hi a-wol, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Does it only affect 1 wireless client? How far is the device from the PLW1000v2? Can it detect other 5GHz network? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 10
a-wol
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

I've tried with multiple devices, standing next to the unit and about 10 metres away. No 5ghz network shows up on any device.

Thanks,
Adam
Message 3 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi a-wol, 

Have you tried resetting the unit? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi a-wol, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 10
a-wol
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

I have tried resetting the unit, doing a factory reset, and I also updated the firmware to latest from the Netgear website.

I contacted Netgear support direct, and they responded once, but when I provided follow up information, did not respond any further after that.

My next step is to just return the unit to my supplier as faulty.

Thanks,
Adam.
Message 6 of 10
clithes
Prodigy

Might be a daft question, but are your devices capable of connecting at 5ghz ?  If not, they will not even see the network when searching for available networks.

Message 7 of 10
a-wol
Aspirant

Hi clithes,

The devices I'm using are 5ghz capable, I can connect to other 5ghz networks with the same devices.

The plw1000v2 only shows the 2.4ghz network as being available and never the 5ghz. The 2.4ghz network does work and I can get internet access through it. The 5ghz network has never even shown up in the list of available networks ever since I first installed the unit.

Thanks,
Adam.
Message 8 of 10
clithes
Prodigy

Can you take a screen shot of the GUI on the wifi channels page and post it here...might give us a clue?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi a-wol, 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7