× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000v2 "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" cannot be activated

abulix
Guide

PLW1000v2 "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" cannot be activated

Hi

Just received and installed my PLW1000v2. Everything works fine and I am really pleased with this piece of equipment. The only thing where I got stuck is trying to switch of WLAN at night (Turn off wireless signal by schedule). Firmware Version is 1.0.0.14. I tried to configure the "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" functionality via browser (IE 11, Chrome, no difference) as well as per offline tool "Genie Desktop" (Win 7). The path is "Advanced" - "Wireless Setting" - Checkbox "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" - "Add a new period". After setting the time period and klicking "Apply" the programm gets stuck, nothing happens, after refreshing the Netgear Genie displays a blank persistent window. I was using the German as well as the English versions. Any clues ?

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
abulix
Guide

Re: PLW1000v2 "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" cannot be activated

NETGEAR has released a new Firmwareversion for PLW1000v2. Version 1.0.0.16 now connects to a NTP Server and synchronises the internal clock on a regular bases. Thus the functionality "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" can now be activated and the PLW1000v2 does fully what I expected it to do when I bought it. Thank you NETGEAR !

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
abulix
Guide

NETGEAR is preparing to release a new Firmware Betaversion. I have agreed to excecute enduser tests. Will come back here as soon as there is more to tell about the "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" issue.

Message 2 of 3
abulix
Guide

NETGEAR has released a new Firmwareversion for PLW1000v2. Version 1.0.0.16 now connects to a NTP Server and synchronises the internal clock on a regular bases. Thus the functionality "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" can now be activated and the PLW1000v2 does fully what I expected it to do when I bought it. Thank you NETGEAR !

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7