× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password on XWN5001 is not accepted on iPhone

IngaS
Aspirant

Password on XWN5001 is not accepted on iPhone

When I am trying to connect to Powerline AV500, I am asked for a password, but the password written on Powerline AV500 is not accepted on my iPhone.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Re: Password on XWN5001 is not accepted on iPhone

@IngaS wrote:
Security PIN (wps) No written on the extender and that is obviously not the correct password to connect.

There should be a password on the back of the plug, a series of 16 characters in sets of four. This picture shows the format.

Netgear XAV5201.JPG

On the XWN5001  the layout is a bit different. On my plug it is the line above the WPS PIN and under the serial number.

This page gives you some idea of what to look for:

Where do I find the wireless key for my wireless Powerline? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Powerline device

I love it that Netgear puts the information where you can't see it when the plug is in operation. That's why I take pictures of these things for reference.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Are you talking about the Wi-Fi password or the admin password?  The password written on the label is the default Wi-Fi password to connect to the default SSID, NETGEAR_EXT.  OTOH, if you are trying to log into the extender to configure it, then the default username and password are admin and password, respectively.  

If the default Wi-Fi password doesn't work, then try resetting it to factory settings.  There is a button that you have to press for a couple of seconds.  Consult the installation guide if you can't find it.

Message 2 of 8

Can the iPhone see the SSID from the plug?

Message 3 of 8
IngaS
Aspirant

I am trying to connect to the wi-fi extender XWN5001 with my iPhone and iPad but the only password I have is the Security PIN (wps) No written on the extender and that is obviously not the correct password to connect.
Message 4 of 8

@IngaS wrote:
Security PIN (wps) No written on the extender and that is obviously not the correct password to connect.

There should be a password on the back of the plug, a series of 16 characters in sets of four. This picture shows the format.

Netgear XAV5201.JPG

On the XWN5001  the layout is a bit different. On my plug it is the line above the WPS PIN and under the serial number.

This page gives you some idea of what to look for:

Where do I find the wireless key for my wireless Powerline? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Powerline device

I love it that Netgear puts the information where you can't see it when the plug is in operation. That's why I take pictures of these things for reference.

Message 5 of 8
IngaS
Aspirant

Thank you, I managed finally

Message 6 of 8

That's good.

Tell folks what the problem was and it could help someone who turns up later with the same issue.

Message 7 of 8
IngaS
Aspirant

I could resolve the problem when Netgear sent a mail to change my password. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7