× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PowerLINE PLP1200 not working

alexanderjhealy
Follower

PowerLINE PLP1200 not working

The device is relatively new, purchased in May last year and hadn't started using the device until Feb this year. I've moved once - it worked fine at the old place, and at the new place, up until a few hours ago, it was working fine, albeit slow but that may be the house wiring. All 3 LEDs are lit on both sides, but not passing a proper connection through. It appears on a computer as an unidentified network with no internet connection. I've ruled out other devices, everything shows no internet connection. I thought it might be the device I'm using, but connecting another device resulted in the same issue. I've ruled out the modem/router, nothing abnormal there. Cables are brand new out of the Netgear box, hadn't used them until a few days ago. For the life of me, I can't figure out what the issue is as nothing had changed between when it was working and when it stopped.
Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: PowerLINE PLP1200 not working

Problem with powerline is many things can inject interference into the powerline system. 

These include:

surge protectors

gfci outlets

arc fault outlets

bad electronics

cheap cell phone charges

high draw appliances/equipment

even poorly made electronics can do it. 

So if you've checked everything else, try putting the powerline devices on the same power circuit and unplug everything else on that circuit. It should give them enough isolation to see if they're still functioning.  I say should because if the interference is bad enough, that might not even work. You might need to try someone elses home temporarily.  Ff they connect/work, then its something in the home injecting interference in the system. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7