× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1000 Admin User name and password

DiSalvo
Follower

Powerline 1000 Admin User name and password

I have been all over the Admin functions and I cannot figure out how to change either the Admin username or password.

I have identified the password settings for the wireless network (not what I am looking for). The only other password change option I can find is not specifically identified as the Admin password. When I use it to change whatever password it is modifying it has me repeat the new password twice and set up 2 recovery security questions. Once I apply these changes it immediately requires me to sign back into the Admin account. Fine. Reasonable. Except that I attempt entry using the new password (that I just created) but it errors out saying that I have the incorrect password. I try this twice with no luck. Third and final attempt is with the default password which also errors out. Then account is locked and I must perform password recovery.

I went through the above described process twice with the same result. Curiously I have also spent about an hour searching online about how to do this and I cannot find any definitive answer.

Any ideas?
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 3
mkcomputing
Tutor

Re: Powerline 1000 Admin User name and password

@DiSalvo wrote:
I have been all over the Admin functions and I cannot figure out how to change either the Admin username or password.

What are you trying to achieve?

The username is fixed for most Netgear hardware.

The PL1000 does not have a password for the management interface.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Powerline 1000 Admin User name and password

Hi DiSalvo, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please provide the exact model/kit of your powerline adapter. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7