× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1000 Pick A Plug Won’t Light Up

CMcMeins
Aspirant

Powerline 1000 Pick A Plug Won’t Light Up

After redoing a room I am setting up my adapter again, there was no work done on the power lines and a month ago it was working perfectly fine, but now it won’t connect no matter what I do. I have reset them multiple times and have tried moving it from the same room to the desired room. They will connect while in the same room but won’t when I move it. It is extremely annoying knowing it was working perfectly a month ago and now can’t even connect.
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Powerline 1000 Pick A Plug Won’t Light Up

things that can cause interference/poor signals with powerline include arc fault breakers, gfci breakers, surge protectors, high draw motors/appiances, cell phone adapters. Basically any of these can add interference to powerlines. You might have been at the far end of the range for your powerline devices and something like a bad cell phone charger or motor going bad added enough interference to the line to cause the issue. When they connect in the same room (same circuit) but not when they're on different circuits, it usually means something within your home added interference to the lines. 

Message 2 of 4
CMcMeins
Aspirant

That would be helpful but nothing has been added, I’m putting it into the same socket as before, same device, same everything. The only change that has occurred is less stuff is plugged in, there were a lot of things that were plugged in but never used, other than that no other changes have been made.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

again, devices go bad, motors start going bad.

If its working on the same circuit something within your home is adding interference to the wiring. 

Try taking it to someone elses house and seeing if it works. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7