× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1000 connection issues

Kenssonhs
Aspirant

Powerline 1000 connection issues

So I had a Powerline network working fine for streaming on my TV. Bought another set to add my PC. Not only could it not connect to the existing network, after trying to reset the three units, now nothing works. 1st in likely a series of questions: do the units have to be plugged in in order to reset them (if yes, why in the world out the button on the bottom of the device!)? If did the resets while they were plugged in, but one of the original units located at the cable modem only has the power and Ethernet lights illuminated (green) while the second original unit at the TV has all three lights green. When I endeavor to connect the TV, a pop up on the TV says the connection failed. Appreciate any guidance. Once I get the TV restored, I’ll return to the issue of the PC unit.
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 4

Re: Powerline 1000 connection issues

@Kenssonhs wrote:
1st in likely a series of questions: do the units have to be plugged in in order to reset them

Yes.

@Kenssonhs wrote:
(if yes, why in the world out the button on the bottom of the device!)?

It has to go somewhere. It now sits alongside all of the other stuff that you need to get at, the Ethernet port and the Security button.

You can always reset it in an extension block and then move it back to the wall socket.

@Kenssonhs wrote:
If did the resets while they were plugged in, but one of the original units located at the cable modem only has the power and Ethernet lights illuminated (green) while the second original unit at the TV has all three lights green.

You've lost me there.

Remember, when adding new plugs to an existing network, you need to follow this advice:

>>> Adding a powerline adapter to an existing powerline network <<<

There is a manual for the PL1000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> PL1000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 2 of 4
Kenssonhs
Aspirant

Finally off the road with enough time to go after this again.  The Powerline connection to the TV still doesn't work. The bottom "pick-a-plug" LED blinks slowly and persistently.  The Netgear "manual" doesn't say anything about what a blinking light indicates.  Anyone know?  Better yet, anyone know a solution?  Again, the TV and Powerline unit were working fine until I bought and installed another unit to add my computer to the network, so the mains outlet in which the TV-located unit has worked before. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

What happens if you remove the new plug for the PC? Does the TV come back to life?

Have you taken the TV through its own network setup process with the "new" network?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7