× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1000 or 2000 for Video Security System

Witz
Follower

Powerline 1000 or 2000 for Video Security System

I am planning to install a video security camera sytem but dont have direct access to the modem or router to connect the system directly. Can someone tell me if I had a Power or Internet drop, will the Powerline 1000 or 2000 reconnect by itself once the Internet or Power returns? If a reset of the Powerline is required that would be a problem if Im not home.

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Powerline 1000 or 2000 for Video Security System

@Witz wrote:

Can someone tell me if I had a Power or Internet drop, will the Powerline 1000 or 2000 reconnect by itself once the Internet or Power returns?

My experience is that powerline Ethernet comes back up after a power cut.

You can actually set up a network of plugs and then move them from socket to socket and they will still get back on line.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Powerline 1000 or 2000 for Video Security System

@Witz wrote:

Can someone tell me if I had a Power or Internet drop, will the Powerline 1000 or 2000 reconnect by itself once the Internet or Power returns?

My experience is that powerline Ethernet comes back up after a power cut.

You can actually set up a network of plugs and then move them from socket to socket and they will still get back on line.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7