× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1200 Adapter: All green lights, computer can't detect internet

Hendermi
Follower

Powerline 1200 Adapter: All green lights, computer can't detect internet

Hello,

I purchased a PLP1200 about 2 months ago, and for the first month it worked...Ok. On occasion it cut out and id have to get my landlords to reset the modem or the resync the device.

I then went travelling for a month and therefore did not use it. 

Since my return, I have had to ask my landlords to reset the modem and or the device nearly every other day for the past 3 weeks because my computer was not detecting internet. All my devices that ran on WiFi were not affected therefore leaving me to believe it was not the modem.

So here's the situation:

How often:

Every time I turn on my computer, and every so often in the middle of me watching netflix, or streaming, or online gaming.

Information:

All lights are solid green on the device. I do have a power bar plugged into it (as it has the input), where I connect all my other devices, computer, ps4, xb1, switch, both monitors.

No more than 3 months

I feel like I'm over using the internet, like the device can't handle what i'm doing downloading games on steam, or streaming to twitch, or uploading to youtube, or watching netflix.

Computer does not even recognize the device. "No internet connection detected"

PLEASE HELP, this is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you,

Mitch

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Powerline 1200 Adapter: All green lights, computer can't detect internet

We have no idea what your network looks like beyond the existence of the PLP1200. A lot depends on how the plugs are connected to the router and what modem is involved.

One thing that you might want to investigate is the tendency of these plugs to go into "sleep" mode. They don't always wake up as they are supposed to.

Some users find that they get better results if they use Zyxel's powerline utility to turn off sleep mode.

You should be able to find messages on this by searching this forum.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7