× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1200 issues PS4 and Netflix etc.

Net-1253
Follower

Powerline 1200 issues PS4 and Netflix etc.

Hello

I have a Virgin Media setup with Superhub 3 as my wifi router. I also have the Virgin V6 box for TV.

When I had it installed Virgin suggested I get Powerline adaptors as the hub and V6 are in separate rooms. My wifi on mobile phones, laptop, Now Tv box etc is very good.

I bought 2 boxes i.e. 4 plugs. I have been using 3 of them for a while. (1 into the Superhub, 1 into the V6 box and 1 into a spare Virgin Tivo box in a 3rd room).

There are 2 main issues A) and B).

A)

I always have the three green lights displaying on all 3 adaptors, but I have a couple of problems with the V6 and Tivo box:

1) I watch Netflix through Virgin Media and maybe 2 times an hour the programme I am watching will freeze and I have to wait a few minutes for it to reconnect.

2) You can access the recordings (made on V6 box) onto the Tivo box in the other room. While watching a recording in this way it drops out every few minutes.

I did speak to Virgin about this a while ago,  but it continues and I have just put up with it till now.

B)

I have just set up my son's PS4 in his room and connected it to a 4th Powerline adaptor. Again all 3 lights are showing, but he is getting very slow download and upload speeds about 1MBPS.  When we were playing the PS4 previously in our lounge we got a really good connection and speeds were really good. This was from wifi only. (not from plugging the PS4 into a Powerline adaptor).

Please can you advise regarding both problems A) and B).

Many thanks

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Powerline 1200 issues PS4 and Netflix etc.

Hi Net-1253, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please factory reset the adapters by pressing the reset button. Can you also try to wired a computer to the adapter and check if you experience these issues?  

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7