× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1200 pick a plug alternating between green and red

maeberry08
Follower

Powerline 1200 pick a plug alternating between green and red

Hi -
I bought this for my VOIP phone. My internet and Wi-Fi box are upstairs, my phone is downstairs almost directly below it. They are both plugged directly into the wall. It has been working great when I set it up about a week ago, nothing has changed in my house but it has started alternating green for about 2 seconds and red for 1 second when I logged into work today. I have tried a factory reset with the same issue. My phone has an IP address when it boots up but I cannot use it, no dial tone or anything. Please help!
Model: PL1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Powerline 1200 pick a plug alternating between green and red

problem with powerline devices is how many devices/things can cause interference. As well as how difficult it is to troubleshoot because its things plugged into your power out lets at home that can cause interference. 

Things that can cause issues:

gfci outlets

arc fault breakers

surge protectors

bad/poor/old wiring

electronics going bad

bad/cheap cell phone chargers

high draw appliances

distance (outlets might be next to each other but on different breakers so actually are quite far apart)

so its challenging to figure out whats going on. Some resort to unplugging devices to see if somethings adding interference. 

others can only use them on the same wiring circuit or there's to much interference in their home. 

Basically it comes down to testing. stick on them on the same circuit, if they work on the same wiring circuit, it isn't the powerline devices. It means its something in the home injecting interference in the circuit. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7