× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED alternating between green and red

Tony3031
Follower

Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED alternating between green and red

powerline was working for me for about a month before I started getting the red light indicator and network speeds slowed & became comparable to my normal wifi. i have one connected upstairs to my router (maybe 20-30 ft. away at max), the other to my PS4 (both in standard surge protector power strips). as i mentioned, there were no issues in the beginning (all lights were green and my network speed was as good as it's ever been downstairs on my PS4) but now the pickaplug LED is alternating between red and green and network speeds on my PS4 are better off with normal wifi. I haven't performed a factory reset, which will probably be my next move. not sure if this is relevant, but I never set up a specific SSID - on my PS4, it allowed me to connect via "LAN" (as i think my console was tricked into thinking it was hardwired) so not sure if setting up a specific one could help after factory reset. Please help! Thanks in advance for your support. 🙂

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED alternating between green and red

Hi Tony3031, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

The Pick A Plug feature lets you pick the electrical outlet with the strongest performance, indicated by the color displayed by the LED:

Red. Link rate < 50 Mbps (good).

Amber. Link rate > 50 and < 80 Mbps (better).

Green. Link rate > 80 Mbps (best).

Off. The adapter did not find any other compatible PowerLINE devices using the same encryption key.

Was there any changes on your setup? We also need to consider the number of appliances turned on. 

You may want to check this reference link : https://kb.netgear.com/20233/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Powerline 1200 stopped working - Pick A Plug LED alternating between green and red

Hi Tony3031, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

The Pick A Plug feature lets you pick the electrical outlet with the strongest performance, indicated by the color displayed by the LED:

Red. Link rate < 50 Mbps (good).

Amber. Link rate > 50 and < 80 Mbps (better).

Green. Link rate > 80 Mbps (best).

Off. The adapter did not find any other compatible PowerLINE devices using the same encryption key.

Was there any changes on your setup? We also need to consider the number of appliances turned on. 

You may want to check this reference link : https://kb.netgear.com/20233/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7