× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 2000 causing interference with wireless headphones

Raven_Glory
Aspirant

Powerline 2000 causing interference with wireless headphones

I recently bought a second pair of powerline adapters, and in the process of setting up those I reconfigured my original pair of adpaters (plugging them directly into the socket etc) to improve speed. My network is now running smoothly, the problem is the apdapter under my desk has started throwing of a lot of interference. Specifically left earbud of my Jabra Elite 75ts is barely able to connect when its in the same room as the powerline adapter, getting significantely worse as I move closer to the device. Does anyone have any advice about this? Any way I can improve this? At the moment my PC and everything is plugged into the Powerline, because it blocks the port both above and below it (terrible design for this really common plug configuration, Netgear). 

The other adapters are anywhere near as bad, it really seems like it's just this adapter. And only after I unplugged it from the power bar and plugged it directly into the wall

Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 3

Re: Powerline 2000 causing interference with wireless headphones

@Raven_Glory wrote:

Specifically left earbud of my Jabra Elite 75ts is barely able to connect when its in the same room as the powerline adapter, getting significantely worse as I move closer to the device.

Have you tried swapping the "noisy" plug for one of the others?

This might help you to work out if it is the plug or the socket that causes the interference.

Are these all PLP2000 plugs? Do you have four altogether?

Is there just one plug attached the router? (There should be.)

Message 2 of 3
Raven_Glory
Aspirant

Re: Powerline 2000 causing interference with wireless headphones

I'm going to answer your questions in order :

Have you tried swapping the "noisy" plug for one of the others?

Yeah, I have they're both pretty similar? I've tried 2 different plugs in 2 different sockets. The main difference seems to be how close the socket is to where I'm sitting.

Are these all PLP2000 plugs? Do you have four altogether?

Yes

Is there just one plug attached the router? (There should be.)

Yes 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7