× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 2000 uPnP not working on Xbox One

Yootington
Aspirant

Powerline 2000 uPnP not working on Xbox One

Have setup my PLP2000 in my house. Modem is downstairs and PLP is plugged into it. My room is upstairs and the other PLP is plugged into my wall and I've connected it to my Xbox One via Ethernet cable. Have had serious multiplayer connection issues which from some research appear to be related to my NAT Type (it is Moderate) and the uPnP (which it says is not available/working).

In regards to NAT Type, it was Strict until I manually changed the Port Selection to a different one (now it is Moderate). I could not find a Port that would allow me to change the NAT Type to Open (which I believe would solve the multiplayer connection issues).

Also for the uPnP, I am lost how to fix this. Everything relating to fixing the uPnP has to do with logging into a router network. I cannot login to any Netgear network as the PLP does not provide one.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with how to fix either or both issues?

It seems to be affecting not only my multiplayer connection when on Xbox, it is affecting the internet as a whole in my house for everyone else.
Model: PLP2000|Powerline 2000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Powerline 2000 uPnP not working on Xbox One

The PLP effectively acts as a ethernet line through powerline. It doesn't have those functions built in. They're all controlled from the router. 

You'd have to contact your router or xbox setup for that. 

If the powerline device is connecting and working, its doing its job. Thats all it does. 

Message 2 of 4
Yootington
Aspirant

It's not connected to a router, it's connected directly to the modem. Would I have to look at the settings for my modem?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If that modem is a modem/router combo device then yes. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7