× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 2000 with Powerline 1000?

bruceinMI
Follower

Powerline 2000 with Powerline 1000?

Can I combine PLP2000 devices with PL1000 devices? I can buy the 1000 lvl devices cheaper and use them in places where I don't need the higher throughput...but considering I'm not getting over 1000 mbps yet anyway, it's a currently moot point.

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Powerline 2000 with Powerline 1000?

@bruceinMI wrote:

Can I combine PLP2000 devices with PL1000 devices?

Yes.

@bruceinMI wrote:

....use them in places where I don't need the higher throughput...but considering I'm not getting over 1000 mbps yet anyway, it's a currently moot point.

If you mix plugs that run at different speed, they will all work at the speed of the slower plugs.

You won't get > 1000 Mbps unless you have LAN hardware that runs faster, which is rare. In any case, those speeds are more marketing hype than real world, and obscure the fact that it depends on how you measure speeds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Powerline 2000 with Powerline 1000?

@bruceinMI wrote:

Can I combine PLP2000 devices with PL1000 devices?

Yes.

@bruceinMI wrote:

....use them in places where I don't need the higher throughput...but considering I'm not getting over 1000 mbps yet anyway, it's a currently moot point.

If you mix plugs that run at different speed, they will all work at the speed of the slower plugs.

You won't get > 1000 Mbps unless you have LAN hardware that runs faster, which is rare. In any case, those speeds are more marketing hype than real world, and obscure the fact that it depends on how you measure speeds.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7