× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 500 Nano and netgear gigabit switch

Agm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Powerline 500 Nano and netgear gigabit switch

Both devices are netgear, powerline worked fine but previously had the signal for one split between a 10/100 switch. Wanted to see if I could get a faster connection out to the tv since the powerline was 500 Mbps so I got the netgear 5-port gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch but when the powerline is hooked up to it starts constantly flickering and the connection drops in and out.

Do these two devices not work together or would I just need to do a total reset to possibly get them communicating?
Message 1 of 7
Aristiri
Aspirant

Re: Powerline 500 Nano and netgear gigabit switch

I seem to have the same Problem. Is there any Solution yet?
For me, the powerline adapter connects either with 100MBit stable or with 1GBit continually dropping and reconnecting.
Message 2 of 7
Aristiri
Aspirant

Same problem here with Netgear switch. Sometimes the adapter connects with 100Mbit without obvious reasons. Then the connection stays stable. But reconnection the cable, every time the two devices try to use 1GBit, the connection drops every two seconds, the re-establishes, then drops and so on.
Any solutions yet?
Message 3 of 7
Luke182
Aspirant

Same issue here. It happens when I put multiple streams through the connection every time without fail. It almost looks like the nano is resetting itself.
Message 4 of 7
pinkbytes
Aspirant

Agm wrote:
Both devices are netgear, powerline worked fine but previously had the signal for one split between a 10/100 switch. Wanted to see if I could get a faster connection out to the tv since the powerline was 500 Mbps so I got the netgear 5-port gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch but when the powerline is hooked up to it starts constantly flickering and the connection drops in and out.

Do these two devices not work together or would I just need to do a total reset to possibly get them communicating?

Are you also experiencing intermittent connection on the devices connected directly on the NETGEAR 5 port switch or just only on the device connected on the powerline?

You can also try to reset the powerline or connect both powerline on the same room wherein you have your switch and check if the connection will still drops.
Message 5 of 7
cyndiman
Aspirant

user id's and passwords

I am trying to change my setting from a wep to a wpa, but when I enter my user name and password, it does not connect. How can I access this? any way to by pass this?
Message 6 of 7
NoXoZ
Aspirant

Agm wrote:

May I ask what is the exact model number of your NETGEAR switch?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7