× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 500 XAVB5201 not connecting with Xbox one

Kalidmnd
Aspirant

Powerline 500 XAVB5201 not connecting with Xbox one

I bought this powerline 500 plus wifi access point and set it up and works fine with my phone tv and laptop but when I try to connect my Xbox one it doesn't work and I don't know why and my Xbox can connect to the original wifi but not the wifi or Ethernet cable coming from the access point 

Model: XWNB5201|Powerline 500 WiFi Access Point
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Powerline 500 XAVB5201 not connecting with Xbox one

Let's unravel this. You say:

@Inkyfingerz wrote:
...all of my other devices can connect and are connected at the time I try to connect wirelessly to the extender.

Does this mean that you have several wifi devices and that they all connect to the wifi except the XBox?

If so, then this bit is probably wrong:

@Inkyfingerz wrote:

The problem is not with my Xobox

The wifi plug isn't intelligent enough to block one device while it allows all the others to connect.

It is more likely that there is some wifi setting in the XBox that you need to change.

For example, you have have to ensure that the XBox is using a wifi security protocol that works with the XAVB5201.

As the XAVB5201 isn't a wifi plug, perhaps you could tell us which plugs you are using. Is it the XWNB5201? If so, have you tried connecting using WPS?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

If the other kit connects, then the problem is clearly with the Xbox rather than your Netgear hardware.

What does the Xbox say when you try to connect?

How are you trying to connect? (WPS?)

Is the SSID the same for both wifi sources? (But that should not affect the LAN.)

You might get quicker replies if you visit an Xbox group like this.

Message 2 of 5
Kalidmnd
Aspirant

It says can't connect to the internet and to contact my internet provider
Message 3 of 5
Inkyfingerz
Aspirant

I also am having this problem. I checked forums and I dont see any other relevant thread.

The problem is not with my Xobox, and all of my other devices can connect and are connected at the time I try to connect wirelessly to the extender.

The only thing i did differently than the standard set up in the directions, was to rename the access point. So instead of it saying "Home 5GHz" or whatever, it has a name.

The problem i have is that it simply says, cannot access the internet when i try toconnect wirelessly. When I plug into the LAN port, it connects, but then I cannot connect my laptop to the XBox one wirelessly to stream games. And when connected by LAN, everything works and is fine. (and before you say to just leave it connedted to LAN, I need to be able to connect wirelessly).  It will not find the Xbox at all.  Any ideas why it will not connect wirelessly?

Message 4 of 5

Let's unravel this. You say:

@Inkyfingerz wrote:
...all of my other devices can connect and are connected at the time I try to connect wirelessly to the extender.

Does this mean that you have several wifi devices and that they all connect to the wifi except the XBox?

If so, then this bit is probably wrong:

@Inkyfingerz wrote:

The problem is not with my Xobox

The wifi plug isn't intelligent enough to block one device while it allows all the others to connect.

It is more likely that there is some wifi setting in the XBox that you need to change.

For example, you have have to ensure that the XBox is using a wifi security protocol that works with the XAVB5201.

As the XAVB5201 isn't a wifi plug, perhaps you could tell us which plugs you are using. Is it the XWNB5201? If so, have you tried connecting using WPS?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7