× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline 500 XWN5001

Crnolan
Aspirant

Powerline 500 XWN5001

Hello Ive had this and its been working great for some time(just updated firmware today). Ive never really looked into the quality of data my access point is transmitting till recently. We are paying for 150Mbps and when Im near the cable moden I get about 80's on the 2.4Ghz and about 160's on the 5Ghz band dowing a speed test on my iphone. On the other end of the house where my room is a readzone I cant seem to get more that 30Mbps over wifi from my XWN5001. Ive tried several plugs/placment. Hardwire into my coputer and nothing seems to improve. Ive been running this 30Mpbs(over the 2.4Ghz band) for a couple years now and its not really bad at all but I want to make sure Ive tried all options before throing in the towel since we pay for better service. Ieven purchase a Nighthawk X8 and didnt see any improvment on wifi signal so I was going to add an Nighthawk X4 EX7300 wifi range extender but staple was sold out and the X8 died after a day and currently rtying to get that problem solved. My cable moden is a dul band workhorse and If anyone has any idea on how I can improve my data transfer/wifi signal for my desktop Please let me know. I tried linking the powerline to the 5Ghz band but I cant seem to find the option or information to tell me if it support this or not 😕

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Powerline 500 XWN5001

Hi Crnolan,

The device only supports 2.4GHz. This is the reason why you cannot connect to 5Ghz using this device.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Crnolan,

The device only supports 2.4GHz. This is the reason why you cannot connect to 5Ghz using this device.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Crnolan,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7