× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline AV500 connection issue

Paul_Noone
Follower

Powerline AV500 connection issue

Can anyone help please?

I recenty Changed to a new broadband providor but now ny netgear isnt working, I've tried re-setting to factory settings but still no luck. Basically the power and the wireless leds are showing solid green but the powerline led is not lighting up at all. I thought it would have worked automatically as the internet is working on other items (although there is a new password now). Do I need to make any changes on my PC?

Anyone got any ideas please?? 

Paul

Model: XWN5001|Powerline 500 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Re: Powerline AV500 connection issue

Does everything else work on the network?

Powerline devices really shouldn't care about the flavour of your Internet. YOu can even move plugs between networks and they will talk to one another.

Is it just the wifi plug that doesn't work?

Have you taken everything through the original setup process?

If the "guest" plug's Powerline LED is off, the plug isn't seeing the host plug. Have you taken it through the connection process?

Message 2 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

Re: Powerline AV500 connection issue

When you changed broadband provider did you change to their router as well?

If yes then it may not be the powerline adapters at fault.  If the new router uses a different IP network, and some of your electronic equipment had static IP addresses, then it is those that cannot connect to the new network. 

If you go into the settings of the problematic equipment, and on network settings if it shows a static IP address change it to obtain automatically or similar then this should solve the problem.

Who did you change from and to?  This may help narrow down the problem further

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7