× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline AV500

Maridonal
Follower

Powerline AV500

Sorry if this has been covered in a different post.

I have the Powerline AV500 extender kit and when I first set it up for my bedroom, the WiFi used to work all the time but since then, it only works on every other device except my iPhone. I have tried different iPhones and the same thing happens. I connect to the extender perfectly fine and my phone thinks I’m connected but nothing will load. I’ve tried on my laptop and it’s fine. Xbox is fine (although I get Strict NAT type but that’s a separate issue). My router downstairs is fine and I can connect to that no problem and everything loads. The router is in our study which has got loads of insulation in the roof which blocks the WiFi signal, hence the extender. Any ideas what to do? Am I gonna need to reset to factory settings and try again?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Powerline AV500

do you have the specific model number for it? it should be on the back of the device.
One thing that I'd recommend would be to log into the extender and change the wireless channel the powerline extender is broadcasting on. See if that helps.

Another thing you can try to do is go to 

netgear.com/support/

Type in the specific model and there should be a manual with troubleshooting in it. Take a look at that. 

You can also check there to make sure your specific device has the most current firmware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7