× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline PL1000v2 is worse than my normal internet?

Ceamly
Follower

Powerline PL1000v2 is worse than my normal internet?

If I connect normally from my room to the internet I am gettting around 70mps download but when connected to the powerline extender I am getting like 8mps?!?!

Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 4

Re: Powerline PL1000v2 is worse than my normal internet?

@Ceamly wrote:

If I connect normally from my room to the internet I am gettting around 70mps download but when connected to the powerline extender I am getting like 8mps?!?!

How does "normally" work? Wired? Wifi?

Powerline depends on a lot of things. It all starts with your mains circuit. If that is messy, with fuse boxes and the like in the way, then you can have problems.

Then there is all the other stuff that you plug in. If that produces a lot of electrical noise this can mess up your Powerline connection.

Message 2 of 4
Faroramzes
Aspirant

Powerline 5602 speed 2 pieces 276 Mbps replaced with Powerline PL1000v2 speed 25.29 Mbps. Kontroleret many times always the same. Reset both to the factory state. sped ca. 25 Mbps. Back up to 6502 speed ca.300 Mbps. A very bad internet product works but much worse. Connection to Netgear Orbi freezes. I have 30 years of experience with Netgear products. This is the worst product.

Message 3 of 4

Duplicated here:

Powerline PL1000v2 - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7