× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline PLP1200 disconnections

1di9
Tutor

Powerline PLP1200 disconnections

I'm using a couple of PLP1200 Powerline for over a year now and it's been some time I've noticed that, during a day,  they disconnet from network several time, letting my Pc without internet or LAN connection; led are green as if it is all working normally. I had to wait some time (ranging from a few to many seconds) before they automatically reconnect.

In these case, In event viewer of my Fritz!box router I can see message "The new powerline adapter ..... has been connected" repeated two times with two different mac address.

I don't think is a matter or some kind of power saving, because often I'm using PC over internet when disconnection occur.

Are they dead?

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 7
nonsaprei
Aspirant

Rif.: Powerline PLP1200 disconnections

I have the same problem. I really hope there's actually a way to solve it and that it's not related to the house's wiring, because I'm probably not gonna move anytime soon, and even if I did, the probability of going somewhere with modern wiring isn't high...

P.S. My product is brand new, though. It's been having this problem since the very first day.

P.P.S. I've searched a bit and I found a couple of people saying it can be caused by overheating. My powerline isn't very hot though, but it does have a power strip plugged into the extra outlet. I'll try to plug that into another outlet and also monitor the heat.

Message 2 of 7
1di9
Tutor

According to me is not an issue house wiring related.....Taking a look around forum, I read about many people complaining about this identical defect.

Overheating? May be.....Then it could be a design error, it must be taken into account that the temperature of this device is subject to increases due to the electric load if it is equipped with a passing outlet.

I'm considering replacing it with something more reliable, like the powerline of the AVM....I use Fritz!box 7490 as router and access point.

Message 3 of 7
nonsaprei
Aspirant

I've plugged the power strip into another outlet but the problem still arises even when the device isn't hot... It happened twice in not even 2 hours. I have to just stop using it and go back to wifi...

Message 4 of 7
1di9
Tutor

I replaced these powerline with Fritz! Powerline 1220E, I was fed up with the continuous connection leaks.

In these few days of use I did not have any similar problem.

Message 5 of 7
nonsaprei
Aspirant

Yeah, I think I'll do that too. I just hope I'm still in time to send back my PLP1200s and get a refund... Probably not...

Message 6 of 7
nonsaprei
Aspirant

So, I bought two FRITZ! 1220Es and they work fine for me too. Unfortunately I wasn't in time to get a refund for my PLP1200s so I'll have to sell them on eBay or something...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7