× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Powerline WiFi PLW1010-100NAS (1000 Essential edition)

Dwight8027
Aspirant

Powerline WiFi PLW1010-100NAS (1000 Essential edition)

I set this up about a year ago and it works just fine for a WiFi camera (baby monitor) that I needed to have a stronger signal for.  It has worked flawlessly.  I would like to put an external waterproof antenna in my yard to extend the WiFi signal.  (The antenna I plan to use is on Amazon:

(Wavlink AC600 High Power Outdoor Weatherproof CPE/Repeater/Access Point/Router/WISP 2.4GHz 150Mbps + 5GHz 433Mbps Dual-Polarized 12dbi Directional Antenna, Passive POE Model 570HA1)

Is the gigabit ethernet port on the PLW1010 Access Point the same as on any modem/router/access port? Can I plug the above antenna's Cat5 (or 6 or whatever RJ45 it is) into that port and it will function the same way as a port on my cable TV modem into which I have plugged the sending unit adapter for the PLW1010?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Powerline WiFi PLW1010-100NAS (1000 Essential edition)

Hi Dwight8027,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Dwight8027,

The ethernet port of the PLW1010 is Gigabit same as your modem/router.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Dwight8027,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Dwight8027
Aspirant

It took me awhile to make test out what I was doing given the info you supplied, so sorry about that.  And yes, the info was what I assumed and you verified it.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7