× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Powerline Wireless

ccitizen854
Follower

Powerline Wireless

Hello.  I am adding a second adaptor to an existing setup, it's enroute.  I have read up on adding this to the existing powerline (base by router, adaptor by TV) setup.  The next adaptor will be on the other side of the house solely for adding a wifi camera that is not picking up on the main wifi vs adding a wireless extender.  The SSID wifi on the first adaptor is different than the main house name.  

My question.... the second adaptor, do I broadcast the SSID the same as the first powerline wifi signal or do I give it a third name?  Whichever is safest or best for connectivity, only plan is to use for the camera.

Thanks!

CC

Model: PLP1000|Powerline 1000 + Extra Outlet
Message 1 of 2

Re: Powerline Wireless

@ccitizen854 wrote:

My question.... the second adaptor, do I broadcast the SSID the same as the first powerline wifi signal or do I give it a third name?  Whichever is safest or best for connectivity, only plan is to use for the camera.

Some people do one thing, some do the other.

It is probably one of those "suck it and see" options. Try the one that you'd prefer, if it works, fine. If not try the alternative.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7